Founded from grass-roots action in the Northern Rivers of NSW, and based in sun soaked Byron Bay, pioneering electricity retailer Enova Energy has built a loyal following. Now the retailer has switched on its community-owned social enterprise energy across the state.
GreenPower Rates by Retailer
What is GreenPower? GreenPower is a government managed program that lets households and businesses choose to offset their electricity use with renewable energy. If you choose to buy GreenPower, your electricity retailer will purchase certified renewable energy on your behalf. Accredited GreenPower is generated from sources including wind, solar, water and bioenergy.
Why do people choose GreenPower? GreenPower helps reduces the impact on the environment. By buying renewable energy, you reduce the greenhouse gases normally associated with your energy use. The GreenPower program has helped build demand and investment in renewable energy sources. More than $500 million has been returned to renewable energy generators through GreenPower since 2009.
How much extra does GreenPower cost? Listed below are the GreenPower rates for each participating electricity retailer is the current cost per kWh to use 100% GreenPower for your electricity consumption. This list only includes retailers who offer 100% GreenPower as an option on their electricity plans. WATTever’s comprehensive electricity comparison allows you to choose GreenPower and estimate the cost.
GreenPower rates by electricity retailer
|Retailer (link to plans)||100% GreenPower (cents per kWh)|
Australia has just eclipsed two million solar rooftop systems. In Canberra, there may be confusion around energy policy. Everywhere else it’s clear that households are voting with their wallets on where they’ll find cheaper and cleaner electricity.
HOW IT WORKS
- Use the Switch and Sign Up links on WATTever.com.au and sign up to a partner electricity retailer (Dodo Power & Gas, Energy Locals or ReAmped Energy) using the same email address.
- Receive a BONUS $25 Prezzee e-gift card via email from WATTever within 28 days from verified switch.
- Hang on to the first bill from your new retailer as proof of a switch, as we’ll request a copy to verify a completed switch.
- If you withdraw from a retailer during the ‘cooling off’ period you will be ineligible for the gift card.
- Limited time only. WATTever reserves the right to vary or withdraw this promotional offer at any time. See terms and conditions.